Sunday 8 January 2017

On The Mat Day 790: First Day on the Mats in 2017

Really cold and dark this morning getting up at 7 am. I almost didn't make it. My brain was telling me to stay in the nice warm futon. I got up eventually and changed into my thermal rashguard and leggings then got in the car and went.

I went over butterfly guard with some x-guard partnering with Yoshida-san. I've been working on this guard for a while. I picked up some interesting things from what he drills. I never really thought about it, but it is possible to belt drag, pant drag in addition to lapel drag and arm drag. I never really use the belt to control the opponent but I might try it in future. Having a four finger grip in the belt palm facing out with the elbow locked against the opponent's is particularly strong and allows me the ability to drag them with it to take the back.

Despite only drilling today I still felt stiff in the neck. To be honest, I'm quite sick of living with the pain. I used a tennis ball to take some of the stiffness out of it tonight and it feels a little better. I wish it would go back to the way it was but don't ever expect it to.

I've been preparing to start P90X again stating February. Why not now you ask? Well I've never had good progress starting in January. In the past I've had muscles lock up due to the cold, etc., so will wait until February and go through it. At the moment I'm just collecting my files together and have ordered a smart TV for my room so I can work out to a big screen. Gone have the days of doing workouts along with my tiny tablet. I'm looking forward to getting back in shape and will probably try to use the Primal Diet with P90X. Should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment