Saturday 6 March 2010

On the Mat Day 54: Triangle Chokes

Despite it being Friday, a day notorious for small numbers, there were quite a few people at the dojo tonight. The warmer weather really brings people back.

We did the arm triangles and I felt a little better at them. It will take me a long time before I can do them properly. I also got some advice from Koyama about the Dakko sweep. He is entering the under 69 kg category on Sunday (two days from now) and needs to loose 2.5 kg in that time. He seems confident that he can do it. I've noticed that a lot of the guys at BJJ crash diet or gain weight at the last minute before a competition. It's not healthy and their time could have been better spent concentrating on other things at that time. I'll go to watch the grappling competition on Sunday and see if he made the weight.

Lots of sparring tonight but I'm feeling drained after Wednesday's lesson. Arms still ache and I'm gassing easier. I see why it was hard for me to do other cardio training between BJJ lessons. I have to do it though or I'll be stuck in a rut. I need to work on more ideas in the closed guard too.

Sparring rounds: 7 x 7 mins = 49 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment