Sunday 2 September 2018

On The Mat Day 1031: Simple Takedowns

I've tried to get good at judo throws. I really have given it my best shot but I have come to the conclusion that I really needed to have started judo as a teenager to have any decent ability to throw my opponent, especially in Japan. Think of a 40 year old foreigner living in England and wanting to play in a football match against teenagers without any prior knowledge of kicking a ball in a net. That would be tough. Judo makes me prone to injuries and not many people start training in it after 40. I've also came to the conclusion that my time would be spent better elsewhere learning sneaky tricks and throws that are anti-judo such as the Russian tie and single/double legs, collar and arm drags and guard pulls that lead to instant sweeps. That's not to say that a 40 year old cannot start judo today. Just in Japan it leads to a lot of frustration and injuries. I am still trying to learn judo throws but from judoka who I trust and train BJJ with. Those techniques are usually limited to foot sweeps and not things like seoi-nage or tai-otoshi where there is more risk of injury or failure.

I've been messing about with Lightworks but the free version was crap in terms of output since it only allows 720dpi resolution. Humblebundle had a great deal of 30 dollars for Cyberlink Powerdirector as well as some of its other products and I snapped that up and have been getting to grips with making another video. Check it out below for an easy takedown that I use often.

5 comments:

  1. What's going on? Are you still alive?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is actually one of the rare few take downs I attempt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for share great Blog. i like your work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jiu-Jitsu, often referred to as the gentle art, is a martial art that has captured my heart and mind. Its intricate techniques, mental agility, and emphasis on leverage make it a captivating discipline that goes beyond physical strength. As someone who has practiced Jiu-Jitsu for several years, I can confidently say that it has had a profound impact on my life.

    ReplyDelete