Friday 21 December 2012

On the Mat Day 327: BJJ Fashion

I used to love white gi's, they seemed clean to me, pure, and in line with what I used to perceive martial arts to be. I wore one for years while doing Karate. I hate them now. Perhaps it's just a side-effect of grappling but after a while of use they start to discolor. The collars and cuffs, and inside at the back begins to turn a sick yellowish color. I really like black, its dark and brooding and feels good with a colour belt but not with a white belt. Since getting my purple belt I've started to like blue. I wore my blue gi for the first time in ages last night to class and I have to say it looked really good with a purple belt. It had a sort of retro feel to it.


Sparring time: 6 x 6 mins = 36 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment