Wednesday 22 August 2012

On the Mat Day 293: Back Escapes

I had a bad night at jiu-jitsu. Everything I did made me feel so clumsy. I blame it on my white gi because I never perform well in it. I have a black and a white Vulkan lightweight gi. The black one feels great but the white one has some bad voodoo attached to it or something. I got the crap beaten out of me by Tsuzuki-san and Fuji-san got a scissor sweep on me I saw coming a mile away. At times like these you either cry yourself softly to sleep and quit or pick yourself up and continue onwards. I'll take the latter.

I've signed up for the Dumau Open competition in Handa on the 22nd of next month. Hopefully I can get into good shape with TapoutXT for that and get a strategy formed in my head.

Sparring time: 6 x 7 mins = 42 mins
Notable moments: Breaking out of x-guard with a very quick reaction to take knee on belly. It suprised both me and my opponent who is no slouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment