Monday 9 July 2012

Tapout XT Day 8: Competition Core

Another 6 am wake up and work out. I used gloves today for the bands to prevent chaffing, although, I didn't get to use them much. The workout mostly included running on the spot, a couple of balance and stepping moves, lots of plank and push up mixes and crunches. It didn't really tax me until I had 20 minutes remaining but it was a sort of mid-range enjoyable workout that got me nicely loosened up.

I'm not sure if my body is changing after only 1 week but my stomach feels like it has less fat on it. I am not really sticking to a diet and just try to eat more fruit and fish. I do still eat the odd bit of crap though such as a cookie here and there. My main focus is to increase my endurance for grappling. I want to be able to have enough gas in the tank to continue to put pressure on my opponent by chaining attacks and just keep going. I don't care about having a 6-pack beachbody - although one would be a nice side-effect - I only care about my fitness level and perhaps get a better result for my next health check in the cholesterol and uric acid levels.

Workout: Competition Core
Type: Focused abs
Time: Around 45 minutes
Tools: Long resistance bands and plenty of space to move side to side

No comments:

Post a Comment