Friday 27 April 2012

On the Mat Day 259: Private Lesson

I turned up at Tsurumai dojo last night only to find that I was the only one there. Wednesday night had been a big attendance night so I guess not many turned up on Thursday. You can never tell how many are gonna be there. This meant that I got a private lesson with K-sensei. I basically went through asking him about takedown. Seionage, Hikkoki-nage, double leg tackle, ankle pickers. I enjoyed it. We sparred for 6 rounds at my insistence. Each time me getting my back taken or guard passed but what the hell it's all good fun.

K-sensei told me that on his trip to Taiwan he sparred for about 2.5 hours and did about 17 rounds! I don't think there are many black belts over there so of course everyone asked him to roll.

I've just started listening to Open Mat Radio. There are so many podcast now for BJJ its crazy. The latest episode was an interview with Eddie Bravo. He mentioned about drilling and how important it is. I plan to be more proactive and record my drilling from now. For example, I will chose a standing and a ground technique and drill it for 1500 times. This may take days or weeks but I will scratch off a record of it each time.Why 1500? I heard that number somewhere, forgot exactly, concerning drilling and the damn thing stuck in my head. I'll keep my notebook handy at class from now on to record my numbers.

Sparring: 6 x 6 mins = 36 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment