Sunday 17 July 2011

On the Mat Day 176: Passing versus butterfly hooks

I like training on Sundays but the weather is just killing me. Afternoons are way hotter than night classes. The dial was on 35 degrees so I went without a rash guard. I was just soaked in sweat it was so uncomfortable. They dont call them rash guards for nothing because later on in the day my back, arms and chest were covered in a nasty red rash from the sweat. I won't go without again.

There were 3 white belts today, 1 purple and me a blue. I got to try out my Shaolin (roll back) sweep again and it went well but I rolled on my neck funny. I think I need to keep my right arm stiffer to stop the opponent from rolling on my face. F-sensei tooled me again without even needing to try. The drills were good because passing the guard is something I am crap at from standing. I can pull off a good over/under pass if I am close to the opponent but I need to work on using my legs more with my arms, particularly the knees to turn the opponents hooks away.

Sparring time: 4 x 6 mins = 24 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment