Thursday 13 August 2009

Day 8: Burn Circuit 1

I knocked up the load a few notches today. Used 14.4 kg for most of the exercises and 7 kg instead of 5 kg for the shoulder workouts. Felt it a lot more. I cranked my neck this morning stretching though so that hindered me a little. Always seems to pull a muscle now. I suppose it's the years catching up on me. I am enjoying Chalene Extreme. The workouts are short enough so that I don't feel like I am climbing a mountain. I just discovered last night that the course is actually 4 months or 105 days or so. I suppose I could stop after 90 days but there is a further month that people can use to keep on going and I may try it unless I feel ready for Insanity. I'm kind of worried that there are no pull ups and that my max-reps will go down. I guess I should incorporate some pull ups on one of the days.

I stayed up late last night just steaming a ton of vegetables. Brocolli, Cauliflower and Brussel sprouts. I was thinking of making a mash potato thingy with the cauliflower. So far the low carbs in my diet have kept me sharp and I've experienced no sudden fatigue (apart from the heat-inducing kind). I've also noticed that my skin (I have a little eczema) on my elbows has gotten better. Perhaps I have a mild allergy to wheat. I'm taking dha too now and feel that my memory is improving and my focus too.

No comments:

Post a Comment