Saturday 16 February 2013

On the Mat Day 343: Saturday Morning Training

Tomorrow the club is closed because some of the guys will go to Handa for a competition. I think there is about 4 people competing. So, I went to train this morning instead and picked up Dmitri on the way since it's his first time going to Nonami club. It was a bit chilly in the dojo but we got there a little earlier than most so did some drills to warm up.

My energy was high because I had an excellent sleep the night before. It's amazing how much difference it makes in terms of concentration and how your body responds to what you want it to do. F-sensei taught is sitting guard to single leg stand up and some takedown from there and also went into sweeps. This is very much my game so I paid close attention. I should probably drill the countermeasures he showed us.

Sparring was fun. I felt like going but had to leave early to transition into family mode. I was successful with Hiza Guruma again and managed to use my instep to sweep instead of my poor bruised shin. I have been meaning to work on berimbolo but just cannot get myself into position for it. Here is a video of the technique I've been working on at home but am yet to pull it off at the club.



My new tatami kimono has finally been through the wash and shrank down to how I like it. It was like wearing a tent before but now feels just right.

Sparring time: 6 x 6 mins = 36 mins

Kind of peeved that a couple of guys only stayed for about 2 sparring rounds then left. I was hoping to do more than 6 rounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment