Friday 30 November 2012

On the Mat Day 323: Last Lesson Before Aji Supli 2012 Tournament

My groin muscle is still painful after training last night. I used some muscle relaxant patches on the area and it helped a little. I don't have much strength in my right leg particularly for holding onto closed guard or stretching the opponent out in x-guard. If I can, during the tournament, I may be better to stick with spider guard and utilize my arms and legs together. I've been very successful with the lassoo hook spider guard sweep over the last 2 weeks. If I can get the hook in, I am good to go on this sweep.

I did not move well during sparring last night. Me and Fuji-san are both entering the tournament so we just tried to go carefully and stay clear of any injuries. Despite the worry of the injury in the back of my head, I am looking forward to Sunday. We have not had so many compete from our club at one time so it will be great to see them all on the mat doing their thing. Plus we will celebrate or console each other at the end-of-year party that follows that night.

Sparring time: 5 x 6 mins = 30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment