Sunday 25 September 2011

On the Mat Day 198: Mount Escapes

I gave myself a huge pat on the back after training today. Yesterday I spent the entire day on a DIY project in my house and when I woke up this morning I felt incredibly tired. The little voice was in my head. "Don't go training, you don't have the energy. You'll just get your arse kicked." I went though because I have a goal of reaching 200 lessons by the end of this month.


K-sensei taught the class and he picked me for uke, which suprised me since there were a lot of blue who have been going longer than me. Usually the instructor picks a guy who has been training the most. I have a good rapport with K-sensei plus he has seen me at the club more often recently than the other guys. Maybe that's why he asked me to do uke.

Sparring was fun despite me feeling under the weather and drained of energy which left me feeling like an old man. I played bottom again mostly because I like it and it's best for my knee. A white belt tried to get me in a guillotine again, same thing he did on Thursday. I stopped the attempt and switched it back on him into a kimura. Turns out the guy is a policeman. We seem to have a lot of cops at the club, which is cool. I am also doing a good job at arm dragging from sitting guard and getting into x-guard.

Sparring time: 5 x 6 mins = 30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment