Saturday 16 July 2011

Competition #3: Blue Belt Leve (76 kg) Senior 1

Ok well I won't write much because the videos I post here will say a lot more at where my BJJ is right now and what I need to improve. I saw a lot of things I need to do and will work hard on those areas of my game.

Suffice it to say that it was a great experience and I loved every minute of it being with my team members, cheering them on, and them shouting for me to win. Jiu-Jitsu is very tribal and never more so than at competitions. It is an important part of our instincts that is not fed in our current day society.

The only thing I dislike about competitions is the wait. 9 am arrive, weigh-in then sit around until 4 pm to fight. I had just eaten a bowl full of acai, banana, yoghurt and cereal. I think I did well not to throw that up. Such as the unknown of when your turn to step on the mats arrives.

Anyway, here are the vids. Any comments are appreciated.

Match 1


Match 2

No comments:

Post a Comment