Tuesday 17 August 2010

On the Mat Day 93: Sweeps from Turtle

We did some very cool moves last night when you are turtled and the opponent is standing. One of them involved you grabbing his leg, pushing his knee to the ground and rolling forward to cause him to fall over. It was sort of a spiral movement where you are both locked together. Because it was the first day back from the Bon holidays, there weren't many people there last night. Just me, Yoshida, a young kid who has been there longer than me but is not regular and Fukuzumi-sensei. The dial read 31 Celsius and 50ish humidity last night.

Yoshida and I played the leg only game where we can't use hands to pass the others guard. He is very good at this and does a no-hands bullfighters pass on me. I tried to copy it, almost got it but still not good at this sort of thing.

I'm working hard to stick to my schedule for this month. I squeezed in AbRipperX before class last night and knocked it off easily. Do I need to do it twice?! Ah... another month and this heat will be gone.

Oddly I slept very well last night. My mind usually rolls over moves and scenarios so I cannot sleep but last night was different. Perhaps the vitamin B I am taking helps. I noticed that when I piss the colour is a bright yellow and discovered that vitamin B does that to you. I drink loads of water, 2 liters last night at class so was worried about that. I still had an ammonia smell about my gi during rolling. I think it may be something about protein breakdown or god forbid my liver.

Sparring time: 5 x 6 mins = 30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment