Sunday 27 September 2009

Day 53: Moving on


I've had a lot of fatigue this week because of the Chalene workouts and martial arts training plus the cycling. Coupled with the fact that I've had the odd tweak of pain in various places. Last week, the calf muscle, this week the neck and shoulders. I've decided to stop doing Chalene Extreme. Not because I dislike it or anything (although the fake acting on the videos made me grind my teeth and hurl obscenities at times). I have decided to move on to something that I've been wanting to do for a while. The burning desire to get back full-time into martials arts has been slowly increasing inside of me until last night I went to visit the Brazilian Jiu-jitsu dojo.

The people were really cool folks. I'm used to zombified clones at my workplace who greet eat other in the form of growls and guttural utterances that sound like a veteran sailor clearing his throat. So it was a pleasant surprise to be greeted with a smile and to be genuinely asked (like a real person) where I live and if I'd done any martial arts before. There was no word of english, the sensei told me he speaks none, but he is studying Portugese (cool!). I got a good impression and felt that I could probably fit in there well. The dojo was clean and well-equipped, I saw a few kettle-bells, a punch bag, a crap-load of rope and a squat rack. Many of them had tatoos which is a good sign that they are not the stuck-up Japanese types and are less adverse to talking to foreigners. So my first lesson will be Wednesday and to make sure that I have a good lesson without any worry of injuries holding me back I am going to rest for the next 3 days. Just saying that makes me feel better. I plan to train 3-4 days a week in BJJ and use the 1-on-1 and Insanity workouts. That means I will review those workouts over the next few weeks. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment