Wednesday 28 November 2012

On the Mat Dat 322: Niggling Injury

For the last couple of weeks I've had some pain in my right groin muscles. I've had this before in my left leg and it really restricts your movement. Since Sunday's lesson it has become worse. When I sit down it is fine but if I try to raise my leg laterally or lift it from the floor there is some pain. It was constantly on my mind last night during training. Don't make it worse, I kept telling myself so I just relaxed more than I usually do and had quite a good lesson. Even kondo-san commented that I am improving so much and leaving him behind. I explained that if I have got better it is because of him. We feed off each other. I will have one more lesson on Thursday before the competition on Sunday. Hopefully, my injury will heal up some while I take ibuprofen and ice it to recover. After the competition I plan to take some time off to rest it because I don't want to ever have a hip operation a few years down the line.

I've also finished 3 weeks of P90X2. Right now I am just resting and stretching when I can. I will not continue with it but will pick it up next year around the end of February when the weather is milder and in preparation for the West Japan tournament.

Sparring time: 7 x 6 mins = 42 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment