Tuesday 7 August 2012

Tapout XT Day 32: Ripped Conditioning

This workout was a tad easy. It has some really dorky exercises such as standing on one leg and flexing one arm with the band. I'll admit that some of the ways the bands are used are innovative such as wrapping it across your back and punching, but the bands just don't get me feeling the burn in my muscles. The only move that did do that was the final exercise which was arm extensions for 90 seconds. Maybe I should look for an extra strong band. Mine was the highest strength available but I bought it a few years ago so it may have lost some elastic strength. Anyway, back to the workout. There weren't enough push ups and it was hard to really see what muscle group was the focus. At first I thought it was back and chest but then it moved to shoulders and biceps. Just a mixed bag of tricks really.

Despite the ease of it my muscles were quite flushed by the end and it was a pleasant 40 minutes spent at 6 am this morning. Anything to get away from the constant leg workout of this series is a good change.

After arriving at work today, a woman who I've known for a while here but not seen for a few weeks commented that I look thinner. I don't know how to take that. I'm hovering around 72 kg right now which is very low for me. The only thing I'm worrying about is losing too much weight and getting into the ridiculous realms of Christian Bale in the Machinist. Speaking of Hollywood stars and weight loss. Google up Matthew MacConnaughey and his latest preparation to play an HIV victim.

No comments:

Post a Comment