Thursday 16 June 2011

On the Mat Day 166: Triangle and X-Guard Passing

The more I do BJJ, the more I see that it is a task of finding patterns. You move this way, your opponent usually reacts this way, so then what do you do next? you ask yourself. It's almost like a dance where the steps are almost pre-defined. To win, all you need to do is do your own steps perfectly and with excellent timing.

I am reading Jiu-Jitsu University again and things written down in there make a lot more sense to me now than they did at white belt.

Only I turned up last night for training. I was expecting Akira to come so we could work on technique after class. Probably, just as well because I was feeling under the weather and appreciated the early night at home. Son has Fifth's disease right now and I think I caught it because the joints of my knees are aching in a weird sort of way.

Sparring time: 7 x 6 mins = 42 mins (K and F-sensei only partners tonight)

No comments:

Post a Comment