Friday 14 December 2012

On the Mat Day 325: Rolling and Farting

There is one member of our club that has the uncanny ability of making me rip a few out when we roll. I don't know what powers he has but each time we spar, I have usually eaten something that fills me full of wind, something like eggs or a high-fiber fruit, perhaps even on the odd occasion a bowl of miso soup. He is about 100 kg so has a lot of pressure but I was actually playing open guard at the time. While just rolling to keep ahead of his passing I let out such a loud fart it made us both stop. I apologized and explained I had eaten too many bananas and we laughed.

Years ago I might have been really embarassed by this but as an older guy I begin to care less about things that are only natural and totally human. I often whiff a farty smell during rolls but seldom hear them - silent but deadly as kids of my youth used to say. At least mine are loud but harmless. If it happens I apologize, make sure everyone else knows it was me and not the other guy. If you ever let one off, spare your opponent and take the blame I say.

Sparring time: 6 x 6 mins = 36 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment