Thursday 15 November 2012

On the Mat Day 317: Winter = Low Attendance

Just me and Yuuki turned up to take K-sensei's class. Later on Miura-san came, so a class of 3 blue belts. Both these guys are very strong and can be quite a handful. It was a very good session for me in regards to strong opponents. I also took some video during the sparring session and look over it constantly to spot mistakes. One big thing I have noticed is that I do not square my hips up enough in open guard when they are moving around me. This just invites them to pass my guard. My posture is not so good also. I often drop my head. I also ride side control too high so get easily pulled over. It is really helping me to watch these videos later on to see my opponent's movement from another angle and to spot mistakes.

Sparring time: 6 x 7 mins =  42 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment