Saturday 10 November 2012

On the Mat Day 316: Thursday Night Fun

A good mix of people turned up on Thursday. I really felt that my strength and stamina are returning after my cold last week. Yoshida-san turned up, which was cool because he always has lots of techniques to talk about and show me. He has subscribed to MGinAction website for a year and said he really enjoys it. So much so that he was working on x-guard to single leg x-guard transitions and doing very well with it. He showed me at the end of the class how the technique is used and I can really use it in my game. He has the uncanny knack of being able to look at technique on DVDs and break them down, digest them and use them with success. I now call him The Technician.

I also took my tablet PC along to class to record some sparring. Here is one below with Kondo who is doing so well at BJJ despite only doing it for 7 months, he's a 3rd dan black belt in judo which gave him a huge kickstart.



Sparring time: 9 x 6 mins = 54 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment