Saturday 11 August 2012

On The Mat Day 291: Darce Chokes

K-sensei showed us Darce chokes again. This is not the first time I've been taught them and with each time it seems to click in my head more and more. I even went ahead and tried it a couple of times during sparring but the timing is critical and of course I didn't get them.

Yoshida and Akira were there last night and Yuuki turned up later on for sparring. He is always a good hard partner for sparring and weirdly enough I ended up doing 3 rounds with him and got something out of every one of them. Again I took his back (a bigger stronger opponent) and failed to finish. It's something that is beginning to frustrate me so much so that I think it makes me overthink and makes me do even worse. "I'm not gonna be able to finish this guy." I tell myself in my head. I need to be more positive and agressive with it.

I tried knee on the belly, like a deep crushing one on Yuuki but he took it without tapping. There are some tough dudes at our gym. BJJ really isn't for the weak. All the guys who stick around really have some back bone.

Sparring time: 7 x 6 mins = 42 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment