Saturday 28 July 2012

On the Mat Day 286: More Spider Guard

I had a fairly poor performance last night. I think all the exercise and heat is getting to me.I drank about 2 liters of sports drink and it did not agree with my stomach when I got home. I need to drink less of that stuff and just stay with good old plain water.

I mostly focused on keeping calm and just thinking through what I am doing. I am still trying twister side control to take the back but failed again. I'll persist with it. On more experienced bottom players I don't do so well. I had another nogi round with Akira and it was interesting how his game did not adapt so well without the jacket but mine did. I prefer x-guard and deep half or z-guard while he uses lots of grips to berimbolo, spider guard and such. It was fun to spar nogi and it mixes things up a bit. I wish we had a couple of classes dedicated to this. I would also like to see some self-defence only classes. I'm not sure what people do at other clubs but the sports/competition focus can get a little tiring. I am constantly thinking...but what if this were a real fight? Would this work?

Sparring time: 6 x 6 mins = 36 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment