Sunday 10 June 2012

On the Mat Day 271: Turtle Defence

On Friday night we practices turtle defence again. I know a few of these reversals we were taught and use them during sparring with varied success. It was very beneficial to see the break down of them again.

During sparring, Tete asked me to go nogi again and so we sparred without the top. I find myself grabbing the pants even though I don't mean to. Slowly though I am starting to wrap with a monkey grip around the tendons of the back of the knee or hold the toes to get leverage. I'm also a bit more aware of my posture and neck position than I am wearing the gi. At the end of the round I almost got a rear naked choke but he defended with his chin tucked and my arm turned to lead so I gave up. He showed me how to use the thin part of my arm under their chin to sort of chip away to make them lift up and then drag my full arm under. It was a good technique, I've seen the concept before but just fail to apply it.

Sparring time: 6 x 6 mins = 36 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment