Wednesday 22 February 2012

On the Mat Day 235: Over Under Passing

On arriving at class last night F-sensei passed on a DVD for me of the competition. It showed me in all my sickening glory. I watched my match after getting home and was fairly disappointed that I did not give a more energetic showing. My movements seems slow and I saw so many openings that I could have attempted a good technique. The thing is those moments are split second moments that require more muscle memory of the techniques from me. I plan to drill more often from now on. After class F-sensei ran through some lasso hook spider guard sweeps that I should have done. He also talked about 八本崩し which is the principle of making your opponent move in 8 directions in order to make him lose his balance. I have to say that I need to think more about that. I do not push or pull enough on my opponent. This isn't the first time I have noticed this but did not think it to be such a huge problem until now.

I posted my competition match on the previous post if you care to see it.

Sparring time: 5 x 6 mins = 30 mins

Notable moments: Using the pass technique of the night on F-sensei.

No comments:

Post a Comment