Monday 30 May 2011

On the Mat Day 162: Wilson Reis Pass

Same passes again from closed guard on Sunday. One thing I keep forgetting is to really push their knees to their chest then when I move to my left to completely push down on their inner thigh with my stomach to pin it. Note to self not to forget. I like this pass but still flounder when I don't put enough pressure on them so they escape.

Sparring was ok but the heat got to me plus the previous day I cycled at Suzuka circuit for almost 3 hours. My energy was really low so I felt like I was moving through treacle. Very rainy humid day. All faces were tired by the end. Notable occurrences during sparring were me trying for wristlocks which worked ok. White belt went for an americana while in my guard so I shrimped to the left, used my right knee to break his grip then was going to pull his closest arm for a topside armbar but it was at a good angle to finish with a wristlock with the palm down (the one that hurts the most imo) and so I took it but didn't push too hard. I know how much those can hurt from my days of standing wristlock training in kempo and aikido. I think I am still not agressive enough in closed guard. I need to constantly break the opponent down more using head, elbow and wrist control.

Sparring time: 5 x 6 mins = 30 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment