Saturday 28 May 2011

On the Mat Day 161: Cross Knee Pass with Single Underhook

Just me and K-sensei to start the night off. The rainy season has kicked in here so some people who might have came didn't make it. Probably holed up in their house to avoid the downpour. I learned a few good passes which I managed to use in slices during sparring. I only wish my retention of the technique was better although I write them down as best I can in a notebook.

A purple belt and brown belt turned up later for sparring. I actually got a few omoplata attempts tonight and tapped the purple with one. The thing is the guy is much bigger than me but he tries to use as little strength as possible. I know he could throw me across the room but I try my best against him and find myself a bit more nimble and faster moving on the ground. He tried a tight pass and I levered his head away and stepped over for omoplata. I'm pretty fast at catching the legs then back before they can spin out of it and so caught him with it. Later I sparred with a bron and transitioned from failed omoplata to triangle which also failed because he is like Houdini when it comes to getting out of a bad position. I was very happy with my performance of thinking of few more steps ahead than I usually do, that is probably thanks to Roy Dean's new video that brought me some inspiration.

Here it is:



Sparring time: 4 x 6 mins = 24 mins (had to leave early for long bicycle event next day)

No comments:

Post a Comment