Monday 9 May 2011

On the Mat Day 154: Butterfly Sweep

The mats were really warm yesterday, like they'd been slowly baking in the oven. They smelt good too. A sort of warm plastic type odour that reminded me of good days when training went well. It was easy to warm up and then F-sensei kicked us off into buttefly sweep using the underhook and variations when the opponent's arm is too far or when he posts his leg. I remember these from way back and they didn't mean much to me then but now they stuck in my head and I mean to use them as much as I can.

There were a lot of people to chose from during sparring which was great. I actually mounted Tsuzuki-san, I think he was a little fatigued, then again so was I. He keeps catching me in a clock choke from side control and I really have to be more careful about defending it. At the end of class I did a bit of kettlebell training. Nothing strenuous, just something to get me used to the bells. I have a few DVDs around of workouts so I will research them a bit and make a good workout from it. They were actually surprisingly hard to control more than dumbells.

Sparring time: 6 x 5 mins = 30 mins (very sweaty workout, drank almost 2 L of sports drink)

No comments:

Post a Comment