Wednesday 30 March 2011

On the Mat Day 145: Seionage

I'm feeling a lot of muscle ache today after taking about 10 days off BJJ training to let a lot of my niggling pains heal up. It was a great class last night. This week is takedowns and F-sensei gave up many variations of seio-nage. He also showed us measures to counter opponents who have good balance and resist or climb on your back for a rear choke. I have some pain in my lower back and elbow from break falling. It's not something I do often so my body is complaining today. I did reasonably well with the drills considering I have no judo background. I plan to set up a bicyle inner tube on a fence and work solo drills for seio-nage so I can get the footing right.

Sparring was great too. A big mix of belts, 2 white, 3 blue, 1 purple, 2 brown, 1 black. It was a good mix that allowed me to practice things on the whites while working on sruvival vs the higher belts or same rank. Tete showed me how to lock in an americana when the opponent is going for a double-under hook pass. I've had it done on me so many times in the past that I just had to know how to do it. It was in fact really simple, the hard part is making space to do it. By the end I was really tired after 8 rounds which is the most I've ever sparred for. I've also been looking at solo drills for warm up and found one from Jason Scully who operates Grapplers Guide. It's worth a look. (link below)

Sparring time: 8 x 6 mins = 48 mins


http://grapplersguide.com/33-solo-grappling-drills-in-about-7-minutes/

No comments:

Post a Comment