Sunday 27 February 2011

On the Mat Day 139: Armbars

Not enough sleep this week so a little tired. I went training and there were quite a few folks there. The warm weather is bringing them out like cockroaches. My new pullover arrived with the dojo logo on it. Nice fit and good sturdy material, the wife said I suited it but looked at me a bit weird when she saw the size of the logo on the back.

All the guys I sparred with tonight were bigger and heavier than me. I try to use the spider guard or wrap my leg inside the arm to keep them at bay. I get a sweep from that position on occassion too. I'm really concentrating on moving my hips more and it's paying off. Tonight was a good night though. I felt really good moving and am really starting to feel that the folks are warming to me. I've been training there a year and half now and at first I was just another nameless guy but now I think I might be earning some respect that I am sticking it out and putting my hours in, even if it's only twice a week right now.

During sparring I got to use the new armbar grip breaks so was very happy when it worked like a charm.

Sparring time: 7 x 6 mins = 42 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment