Saturday 8 January 2011

On the Mat Day 127: Take Down

It had to be the coldest night so far but quite a few people came which was great. Later on Kawaii-san came and also Teo who is a Brazilian black belt came for sparring. The guy is really strong even though he doesn't look it. It's funny how until now I have not really noticed about smells. The Japanese guys here don't smell of anything really except soap or an old musty dogi. Teo seems to use a fairly strong cologne and it rubs off on you so that you can smell it after coming home. The Japanese are not big on perfumes or colognes so I guess that is why it is really noticeable. It gets me thinking about how I smell when I roll with people. I hope it is not unpleasant. My gi is always washed and I shower/bathe every day. There are some folks out there who just stink though, thankfully there are very few of those in Japan.

Sparring time: 7 rounds x 6 mins = 42 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment