Tuesday 21 December 2010

On the Mat Day 124: Standing Guard Pass Over Butterfly Guard

We have changed drilling recently. For the closed armbar, we no longer cross our legs to finish but instead put pressure with the outside leg on the back of the opponents neck to prevent him from stacking. We also do stepping guard pass drills. One person lies down, knees bent and the other slides around the knees for knee-on-belly, armbar close side and far side. It's good practice and I enjoy it.

Tonight there were a few more people. Not much more because the temperature in the dojo is around 5 degrees! It's bloody freezing and we all wear socks and undershirts until we get warmed up. I wonder if F-sensei wants us to run under freezing waterfalls like Kyokushin karate guys do. On Saturday we had the end of year party for the dojo and he said that only about 4 people are coming recently and that if more came it would heat the place up lol.

Anyway, I asked K-sensei about x-guard at the end of the night and he gave me a few tips. I'll try to remember them because the x-guard is something I think I can work with. I also did an old school half guard sweep taught by Olli Geddes. I'll see if I can find the video.

Sparring time: 7 rounds x 6 mins = 42 mins



No comments:

Post a Comment