Saturday 4 December 2010

On the Mat Day 120: Butterfly Guard

It's always nice to round out the numbers to a figure of ten. I had a great time tonight at class. The weather went mild for today only and it was a bit easier to move in the cold. Everyone was a blue belt except K-sensei and young Arata-kun. I felt good doing the drills from guard, smooth and fluid.

Sparring was a lot of fun, too. Akira will also go to the competition next Sunday. He is getting really good. Very hard to pass because of his movement and long legs. I noticed he wasn't very tired either during the session. I asked him if he wanted to practice passing the guard where we change sides when one of us passes the others guard. He was game and we both went for it. The last 30 seconds I tried to hard and got a knee in the chin. No worries, no damage. Could have been worse if it was straight in the mouth. I am not wearing a mouth guard lately but maybe I should.

I tried a guillotine move from half- guard but couldn't quite get into the right position but it was definately there. Need to work on that. It was posted on Sherdog and caught my eye. Here it is.



Sparring time: 7 x 6 mins = 42 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment