Wednesday 25 August 2010

On the Mat Day 96: Deep Half Guard

A few familiar faces at the dojo last night. The humidity was up and I suffered as a result. Sweating and panting from exhaustion. Only a few weeks to go until this hell ends and the weather returns to normal. I got pretty much tooled over last night because everyone was higher and better than me. All I can do is work to survive. But that is the role of the white belt, according to Saulo Ribeiro. Ah well.

The drilling was interesting. Deep half which I have seen a bit of but never been taught. There were some good transitions which I would like to use but I really have other things to worry about such as escapes and the basics.

I think I pulled my shoulder almost out of joint last night. Both my wrist and shoulder hurt today so I hope they both recover for Friday's class. Successes last night were, lockdown to whip up then almost a sweep, I also practiced a reverse scissor sweep which was shown on Sherdog. I usually go for the scissor sweep with a high rate of success but people are catching onto it so I need to be inventive. The reverse sweep was pretty cool but I still have to use it in live rolling.

See video below:

Sparring time: 6 x 6 mins = 36 mins


No comments:

Post a Comment