Tuesday 22 June 2010

On the Mat Day 79: Takedowns (Airplane throw)

So it's been a while and I knew it would take its toll on me, which it did. My fingers are aching, the face on my skin was painful from gi burn and the good old groin pain is back. I don't think it will ever heal unless I take months off. Despite this I enjoyed the class. I always feel alive the next day after class because I can feel the aches and pains. It keeps me ticking over.

It was really hot last night too. I mean really humid and everyone was sweating buckets with only a huge fan to cool us and no air conditioning. Real hard core. Everyone must have gone through 2 liters of water each. My gi was soaked through by the end. I think I will stop wearing a rash guard because the humidity is going to climb further into July and August, even lasting into September. The next 3 months are going to be hell to train.

We worked on 飛行機投げ技(airplane throws) which I think are derivatives of wrestling. I've tried them in the past with moderate success but never seen them taught until now. Great throws and easy to do.

During sparring I found my stamina to be very low. I gas pretty fast and all I can do is defend which can get very frustrating for me. I really need to improve my cardio and get fitter even though for a guy of 38 I am in very good shape. Got to work harder to keep up with the young studs in the gym.

Sparring sessions: 6 x 6 mins = 36 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment