Thursday 22 April 2010

On the Mat Day 69: Top Control (押さえ込み)

The weather was great last night. Pity that I forgot to check the temperature but it was in the 20s. I started to sweat just during the drills which has been absent over the last few cold months. My groin is getting slowly better. I'm rehabilitating it with stretches right now. I stopped using NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug) because I used them for 10 days and it kept me from sleeping at night and gave me the runs. The side-effects weren't that bad but I've had enough. There is little pain now so I should be able to heal up. From the weekend I will work on strengthening the muscle.

We did a lot of side control drills last night. So many that I forgot most of them but I tend to use particular ones we covered during sparring so it was not a total loss. We are back to also drilling RNC isntead of armbars.

No comments:

Post a Comment