Tuesday 27 April 2010

Insanity: Pure Cardio

This is one of those workout where if you knew how hard it was before you started, you wouldn't start it. The warm up is well...not a warm up really because my pulse was racing at about 150 bpm. I felt great after it and no doubt it will get anyone in top shape. There are no clear breaks in the video so you break when you decide. During the last 10 minutes I had to grab my knees or drop out for 30 seconds or so to recover. Can't say I like those mummy moves, it feels weird moving like that. No doubt Shaun T is hardcore about fitness but I can't help wonder why he would make the workouts so hard. The market for this kind of series is drastically reduced to elite fitness types. I will definately keep doing these workouts between my jits.

I've dropped over a kilo during my 3 weeks of concentrating on what I eat. Mostly I've dropped carbohydrates at night and stopped buying bread during the day to eat at work, added a little more protein and Bob's yer uncle, I feel much better and tighter around the middle.

Stats for workout:

Time: 38 min
Calories: 415
Average HR: 141
Max HR: 173
Time in zone: 17 min 48 sec

A workout that gives good results but you have to work hard for it.



A drink popular in Japan made from extracted sweat of people who do Beachbody workouts.

1 comment:

  1. bookmarked!!, I really like your blog!

    Feel free to surf to my web-site; good diet plans for women

    ReplyDelete