Saturday 27 March 2010

On the Mat Day 61: Choking the Turtle

That's right, the title is not a euphemism for masturbation. Get your mind out of the gutter. We worked on choking the opponent using the gi when they are in the turtle position. I learnt a few stuff I've seen before but never use. So it was a good recap. Things like the clock choke, which I should use more.

Lot of guys tonight which is unusual for Friday. Plus, it was bloody cold. The temperature has dropped to 8 C when I looked at the thermometer. I've been taking time off since Sunday due to my groin muscle strain. The thing is I don't know how I did it. It still hasn't fully healed but I have to keep going or I'll feel like shit. My main goal for tonight was not to get injured or worsen my groin strain. I think I did a good job in that. I tried to roll smooth and do anything crazy. I got choked by a white belt who shouldn't really give me any problems. I got caught and couldn't get his grip off me. I really need to work on some takedowns. I keep trying the armdrag slides but they are still too slow.

Total sparring time: 8 x 6 min = 48 minutes. (wow, sweet. That was a good workout and I didn't really gas much)

No comments:

Post a Comment