Saturday 13 June 2009

The Glamour Muscles

Back and Biceps today. I went to bed last night convincing myself that I had to wake up and do an AM workout. I woke but was too fatigued after Plyo and a 4 hour bike ride yesterday. Took my family to a park and chose a healthy option of runner beans and oyako-don (eggs/chicken) on rice. It was the best I could do. It's humid now and that just drains the life out of me but it's all for the kids and we went on a few park rides. Came home and after eating a tuna wrap with some strawberries and yoghurt (yum) had a nap. I woke and went right into Back and Biceps. The first ten minutes are always rough. Slack-jawed, slouching shoulders, slow on the running warm-up. But after those 10 minutes are over the body awakes to what it needs and just pumps out the rep - oh yeah baby.
I got the rest of the night now just to relax and watch a movie or two.

I talked to my friend who is a physiotherapist and mentioned my chest pain. He thinks it's intecostal muscle inflammation. I have to try to deep massage the area and if it gets bad I will use Ibuprofen to take the swelling down. I use a tennis ball to massage the area and it helps somewhat.

Some good news. I got another flash fiction story published online. That makes no.3 for me! I should collect these together and make an anthology. I'd probably need about 30 stories though - ouch.
Yoga tomorrow - mmm.

Oh, here is what a power90X breakfast looks like. 1 cup of oatmeal (with chocolate protein powder), 3 egg whites and cottage cheese on wholemeal bread with 12 oz of water. I'd eat it right now if it weren't night time. Maybe it does look like a dog's dinner but it was just what I needed to start the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment