Monday 8 June 2009

AM Workouts




Woke up this morning at 5.30 am after a restless night of sleep. Put my yoga mat down, turned on the PC and fixed myself a recovery drink (water, apple juice and amino acids) then set to work on the Legs and Back workout. This is my earliest workout ever! I have to say that the first 10 minutes were a little nauseous and the devil was in my head telling me to lie down, go to sleep for an extra hour before going to work. I started to ignore him somewhere through the Jumping Jacks and plumetted ahead into building muscle and burning fat. Considering the time of day, my legs and arms were pretty strong and I pushed out a lot of pull ups but only 3 less than last week. Give me a break - I was still waking up. I'll definately try to keep up these AM sessions despite that I hate it because I'm a night owl.

On my day's off, daily napping is doing me some good. Many bodybuilders try for 8-10 hours plus a 1 to 2 hour nap! omg! Don't these people have families or friends?
Power 90X includes yoga and stretching which promote recovery - check. Visit to masseur - check. Use foam roller to soften muscle tissue - check. Contrast showers after workout - check. Getting enough sleep - er..well I'm working on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment