Wednesday 13 May 2009

Protein


Sometimes I feel like a T-rex, all carnivorous and salivating at the jaws for a snack of meat. Exercise has made me this way. By instinct, my body knows that it needs protein to build itself back up again. My daily intake includes egg whites, tuna, chicken breasts, protein shakes and tofu. There is a down side though. My once regular bowels are moving into their Mount Fuji stage - dormant and an object of great beauty...er. Because I don't want a collapsed rectum or hemorrhoids, I'm now taking Psyllium husks to keep my nether regions in tip top condition.

Last night was an all time energy low. I felt exhausted doing Kenpo X, usually an easy workout for me. It could be down to one or all of the following factors; lack of sleep, warmer weather, change to low-carb diet or being back at work. Thank god it's stretching today, hopefully I can recover for Chest and Back.

When I started Power 90X, I didn't really feel enthusiastic about it. Now, though, I want to get the best possible results and have thrown myself into it both mentally and physically. I'm like that. If I get my teeth into something, I usually don't let go until I see it through.

With that I will leave you with a quote:

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog."
-Bob, Australia biggest loser winner 2009.

No comments:

Post a Comment