Tuesday 12 May 2009

What are you putting in your mouth?

Ever had the sensation that your arse and quadriceps are on fire, and the skin on your back is so tight it feels like it's about to split? That's what the Legs and Back workout will do for you. Saying that, I've squatted 100kg in the past (I'm 76kg) and it was harder in comparison to the Power90X workout. But the endurance you need during the one hour session is a totally different story.

"Ab Ripper X, I hate it, but I love it" - Tony Horton

When I hear him say these words I always reply, "I hate it, too. You fuck!"
It's not that I despise the guy. Tony is the man in my opinion and I have a ton of respect for him, but doing abs after working out for an hour just makes me want to crawl over and sleep or die. I think Abs are a big weak link for me. Pull ups, push ups - I love. Leg work (I have short legs) I can do, but crunching the abdominals feels too much like torture to me.

The diet, thanks to my wife, is getting better. Here is what I am eating each day:

Breakfast
1\2 cup Oatmeal (tspn honey, water and 30ml milk
200ml semi-skimmed milk + 2 scoops of protein powder

Snack
30g almonds OR 30g dried prunes/figs

Lunch
Wife's super duper healthy fried rice
3 egg whites, 1 can tuna, couple of kidney beans, 1/2 cup brown rice, bit of spinach and onion to taste cooked in olive or canola oil

Snack
1 Apple

Dinner
Tofu (100g), chicken or raw fish (150g) with a small salad and dressing

Supper
250ml semi-skimmed milk + 2 scoops of protein powder

Calorie-wise it is fairly low, around 1600kcal, but it keeps with the program set down in the P90X booklet. The calories are low and I will probably increase them after a week but keep the carbs as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment