Tuesday 7 March 2017

P90X Week 1 Complete

It's been over 5 years since I did P90X. The last time I did it, I was waking up at 5.30 in the morning before work to sweat through it and get fit. Now that I work at home I wake up much later at 7.10 am on the dot and get to training.

Erik makes Plyo look easy despite Tony's digs about everyone having 2 legs
I've been meaning to start P90X for some time. I would have liked to start back in January or February but it is far too cold but just before March, the weather here warms up enough to make it comfortable to train free of worrying about pulling a hamstring or calf muscle due to the cold - I have to worry about such things now I am almost 45. I'm nearly the same age as Tony Horton when he first made P90X. Weird that since I bought it way back when it first came out and I was at the time 30 years old. Wow!

I can't put it any other way. The first week of P90X was hell. Even though I've been training BJJ for years 3 times a week and thought I was fairly fit. I wasn't. I could slowly feel my cardio going down hill so that I could not think fast enough to move to the next technique while sparring. I was too gassed. This is why I've decided to go through P90X hell again. Cardio is king.

I just finished Plyometrics today. It actually was easier than last week. I couldn't keep up most of the time but I also did better than I thought. Last week my entire body was aching, especially my chest and by Sunday night I thought I was ill because my bones (that's what it felt like) were aching. However, I've been sleeping for 8 hours most nights and it is amazing how fast the body can recover after a good night's sleep.

I've also cleaned up my diet a lot. Low carbs. Very low carbs. I've been trying to stick to the Primal Blueprint, which I've had success with last year during a 2 month stint. Basically I am eating a lot of good fat; avocado, walnuts, macadamia, MCT oil, coconut oil, eggs and have reduced sugar in my diet a lot. I feel like my body is running on better fuel. Hopefully everything is coming together and this time around I am concentrating on diet more than the workout to get me fit and in shape. Afterall, diet is 70% the workout is 30% or so I am told.

Stats:
February 27, 2017: 143/79 BP, 50 BPM, 87 cm waist, 75.6 kg
March 6, 2017: 144/79 BP, 51 BPM, 86 cm, 75 kg

More energy, feel tighter especially in the midsection, clear thinking, no sluggishness after eating

No comments:

Post a Comment