Sunday 28 September 2014

On the Mat Day 528: 5 Years

So it's been over 5 years since I first started BJJ. That time has flown by like nothing else. A lot of faces at the club have changed. Many have left, especially at white or blue belt but some have stayed and are still going strong. I've been through a tough patch of it recently with my injury and after training Friday night for real after such a long hiatus, I feel it is hard to get back into it. Saturday morning, my fingers hurt, my skin was rubbed sore (it's definitely got weaker) and my injury had flared up. I took some Ibuprofen and iced it all day and it feels OK today. I went to drilling this morning and polished off a few good rounds of stuff I wanted to work on. It was a very enjoyable morning.

I'm just waiting patiently till my injury heals then I can go at it hard again. I really want to do P90X3 solid for 3 months to get back in shape. Kawai-san said he had a similar injury and it took 6 months to heal while he trained. Fuck that. I'm also cycling to the club, which takes 30 minutes, and I enjoy it so much because I get to see so much hot chicks on the street :)

Today I drilled: Single leg takedown, guillotine defence, head lock defence (standing), passing dela Riva, knee-shield, over-under pass and measures vs shrimping opponent, ude-gaeshi and countermeasure, hikkoki-nage...wow I got a lot done when I write it down here.

No comments:

Post a Comment