Sunday 15 September 2013

On the Mat Day 410: More Returnees

Another guy, Furukawa, from way back when I was a white belt came back to train with us. He commented on me being a purple belt and I didn't know how to respond. I really don't think anything about the belt color anymore but rather about my strengths and weaknesses and those of the opponent. He is a good guy and I remember him well because he was always smiling and such a positive personality. It's great that he came back. I sparred a round with him and his defense was quite good considering the time off he had. Let's hope more and more guys start coming to train with us. A packed room would be great now that we are moving out of summer and into cooler weather, this may happen.

I've also been dieting. Using the leangains fasting method I've dropped from around 74.8 kg to my lowest ever at 71.8 kg yesterday. Basically, I eat from 12 noon until 8 pm then fast for the next 16 hours, just sipping water. Apparently, this is good for burning fat and I can feel it moving off my stomach. It also allows your body to heal instead of working hard to digest food every hour. I certainly feel like I am recovering faster, and my cardiovascular ability has increased despite not doing any cardio workouts except using kettlebells. I've just done 3 weeks so far and plan to continue for as long as possible - it actually is not hard to fast at all.

Also, I will enter the Rickson cup this year to be held in Aichi. I better get training hard!

1 comment:

  1. I've just read a section in Men's Health about the same technique (the 16hrs of fasting). It seems to be the way forward...better sleep, body conditioning etc. Nice blog btw!

    ReplyDelete