Sunday 14 July 2013

On the Mat Day 391: Sunday Sweat Fest

I drink a ton of water before going to class (about 1 liter). When you drink water before exercising it promotes sweating which is good for you because it lets your body control your temperature. Some people don't drink enough and never sweat much which is very unhealthy. The only downside to it is that I was sweating everywhere on the mat today. Big dollops of sweat just dripping down my forehead and off my nose to make a swimming pool on the mat...and this was before sparring when K-sensei used me as Uke to show the techniques.

I got to see Ogiyama-san today who I haven't seen for a while because work and family have kept him busy. While sparring I tried the flying triangle on him and got it fairly easily. I'm getting a bit better at wrapping my legs into the triangle setup now so there is little window for my opponent to escape. My legs fatigue to quickly though. Perhaps I should do more sprints and squats. It was also my first time to spar with Kondo since he got promoted to blue belt. He has so much stamina he just keeps coming until I am tired and start feeling my age. I guess I need to wrap him up some more and think of a better way to pass. My main passing is X-pass and over-under tight pass. I should try to learn the Barbosa type passes and in combination.

I almost didn't go this morning because I felt a bit still from kettlebells on Friday morning. I sucked it up and went though and as always feel much better for it. You can't beat a BJJ class for clearing out the cobwebs in your head and greasing the joints.

Sparring time: 3 x 6 mins = 18 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment