Saturday 29 September 2012

On the Mat Day 306: Working on my Guard

So this is my plan right now. To have an unpassable guard. I have come to the conclusion that this is the direction I need to take if I want to be good enough to wear a purple belt. I was so impressed by many of the purple belts I watched at the last competition and how tough their guards were to pass that I thought that I need summa that.

Last night during class I worked hard to invert and generally use my legs more than anything to keep the opponent off me. Luckily there were a lot of white belts so it gave me a chance to get lots of practice in. Basically right now the white belts at our club cannot pass my guard unless I let them or am tired or lose concentration. I hope to improve this so that the blue belts cannot pass it.

Before class I did about 1 minute of tornado rolls against the wall. It was amazing how constantly doing it non-stop hurt my abs!

Sparring time: 7 x 6 mins = 42 mins

Notable moments: I am getting better at choking from side control by holding the collar with my left hand and kicking my left leg over my arm and the opponent's head to get the choke. It really is a great choke that is very strong. In fact it is more of a neck crank.

No comments:

Post a Comment