Sunday 7 August 2011

On the Mat Day 184: Knee on Belly Escapes

Only I turned up today during the sweltering heat for a class. F and K-sensei were both in the dojo but I guess everyone else felt it was too hot to train. I had second thoughts myself because it was the worst day ever. 35 degrees inside the gym. F-sensei cut the lesson short because we were dying in there. Later a purple belt came and F-sensei shouted "Welcome to the Sauna!".

F-sensei at the start asked me if I wanted to do any particular technique. I told him that KOB escapes are hard for me and he went over a few. It was good for me to see these again and think about them. I usually just work to get the knee off but also leave my far arm out for attack. He showed me something to do should that happen. I will drill these after class in the following week.

Sparring time: 3 x 5 mins = 15 mins! Really! That is how bad the sizzling heat was. The mat was like walking on hot asphalt.

No comments:

Post a Comment