Sunday 26 June 2011

On the Mat Day 170: Passing Hooks from Standing

There is something sadistic about being stuck in side control in weather conditions that are unbeareable, 70~80% humidity and 30 degrees celsius. It was probably even warmer inside the dojo because its a big old corrugated metal warehouse conversion. K-sensei was taking the class today, Arata-kun (white), Tsuzuki and Kawaii (both purple) turned up for sparring a little later. The purples, well it is very hard to escape them and it is a killer in this heat, it drains what little energy I have. Arata is getting really good. A young kid who has tons of energy. I'm glad he is improving, he has probably trained now for over a year. He entered his name for the competition in 2 weeks so it will be interesting to watch him. I'm looking forward to it.

My weight was 75.8 kg today so I am probably in the safe zone unless I pig out before the competition. Just wish I had more energy. I looked at the Power90X2 teaser yesterday. Looks interesting and got me pumped wanting to do it. My energy being low now I need to do something drastic and get into the shape I had 2 years ago when I started BJJ.

Sparring time: 4 x 6 mins + 2 x 5 mins = 34 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment