Wednesday 6 April 2011

On the Mat Day 147: De l Riva Sweeps

Last night seemed like a bit more advanced for me. De la Riva stuff I can do but it requires a bit more thinking in 3D than I am used to. Still too hard for me to try any of these moves in live sparring because I seldom get into the right position. I got pretty much tooled around by all the guys last night. There wasn't a single person last night who has less mat time than me so I know those nights are going to be the hardest. I think the closest was Yoshida who has been doing it a year more than I. Mat time makes a big difference. I wish I could get more. I've also ran off the tracks with my P90X training. Ever since the rest week it has been hard to get back into it properly. I've decided to abandon it and work in a night of cardo and stretching instead until I can get some breathing space and my mind is in the right place. I haven't been sleeping so well lately and it really affects training. Last night I felt fatigued really quickly.

I need to work on escaping a mounted opponent. For some reason I couldn't shrimp very well last night and my arm kept buckling on the hip escape. I wish I could also have a more concrete plan for escaping rear mount.

Sparring time: 7 x 6 mins = 42 mins

No comments:

Post a Comment